PhonePe is India’s leading digital payments platform with over 400 million+ registered users. Using PhonePe, users can send and receive money, recharge mobile, DTH, data cards, pay at stores, make utility payments, buy gold, and make investments. PhonePe went live for customers in August 2016 and was the first non-banking UPI app and offered money transfer to individuals and merchants, recharges and bill payments to begin with. In 2017, PhonePe forayed into financial services with the launch of digital gold, providing users with a safe and convenient option to buy 24-karat gold securely on its platform. PhonePe has since launched Mutual Funds and Insurance products like tax-saving funds, liquid funds, international travel insurance, Corona Care, a dedicated insurance product for the COVID-19 pandemic among others.
PhonePe launched its Switch platform in 2018, and today its customers can place orders on over 300 apps including Ola, Myntra, IRCTC, Goibibo, RedBus, Oyo etc. directly from within the PhonePe mobile app. PhonePe is accepted at over 18 million merchant outlets across 500 cities nationally.
- Identify holistic problem statements and distill it into meaningful scope of problems for technology to solve at scale
- Write detailed product specifications that allow for prioritization and efficient development including use cases and mocks.
- Craft product objectives at a feature and draft a solid, quarterly product roadmap
- Evangelize and influence stakeholders on priority and impact using strong data points
- Identify and resolve blockers for the by negotiating with the right owners and stakeholders
- Drive communication and product cadences across cross-functional teams
- Have a point of view on aspects of product operations, design and marketability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- At Least 2 years of experience in Product / Platform building and development
- Analytical and data driven with the ability to to derive action and make decisions based on large data sets.
- Is a problem solver and has bias for impact.
- Comfortable with complex technology, analytics and operating models
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders and teams spread across different locations
- Proactive in seeking inputs, feedback and looping it back into the product roadmap