Organization and You
At Amazon, I get to work with brilliant people across different departments- be it engineering, applied sciences, UX, category and marketing, sales. Its an amazing experience working with, and learning from some of the sharpest minds in their respective fields focused singularly on the company's mission. Whats better, is its a mission, that's fairly close to my heart! :)
- User Empathy/Customer Obsession- Having a key eye for user pain points/needs and being able to differentiate vs good to have "wants".
- Structured Thinking and Dealing with Ambiguity.
- Managing stakeholder trust, and using that to evangelize whats best for the customer (Across tech, design, business and product)
- Ownership- the ability to go above & beyond whats the defined remit to deliver value for the users.
Go to food for thought
For PMs/Finance Guys:
- Medium- great if you filter per your interest,
- Delivering Happiness (PM & Business leaders, must read!),
- Farnam Street
This is an evolving list, but here's a snapshot of last 10 yrs-
- Tik Tok
- Google Maps